Betapitch | Vienna takes place in June at sektor5. Apply with your startup – field and stage not limited – and make it among the 8 finalists who will pitch June 5th in front of the jury and compete for some awesome prizes. The winner will get to pitch at the big betapitch | global event in August at betahaus Berlin.
betapitch is an international startup competition initiated by betahaus Berlin. These events are packed with great ideas and visions. Startups in any development stage can apply and eight of them will be invited to pitch in front of the jury and the crowd. This year betapitch takes place in 6 cities around the world such as Berlin, Sofia, Vienna, Hamburg, Barcelona and Sao Paulo.
Each team will have 5 minutes to pitch and 3 minutes for the Q&A. You will hear from us with further information if you are nominated for the pitch (and also if not). The chosen teams will also have the chance to attend a pitch training right before the event to fine-tune their presentations, since this is the crucial part for many startups.
Tickets are free and we will have some surprises for you! You can also like us on Facebook for regular updates.
In case you still haven’t decided if you want to apply, here are five reasons why you should:
1. The prizes. There will be oDesk credits (spent on freelancers‘ services), six months free workspace at sektor5, a nomination to pitch at Betapitch global in Berlin, intro to angel investors and support of the community while you focus on product development and bootstrapping your project or startup. Perks from incredible companies from the community will be provided as well. Furthermore Axel Springer Plug n Play will sponsor a trip to Silicon Valley for the winning team of the Betapitch global! More details to come soon.
2. The press coverage. During the last years newspapers were covering Betapitch events. For example Gründerszene and t3n already wrote about it. We’ve also got Media Partners such as AustrianStartups, inventures and Styria Digital. You could of course use all the betapitch experience for your own blog posts as well. Yay, content!
3. The tweets. Don’t miss all the attention you’ll get – follow #betapitch. Here are some examples:
— betahaus (@betahaus) August 22, 2014
— sektor5 (@sektorfuenf) September 30, 2014
4. The community. A room filled with potentials users of your product or service, future team mates and angel investors will be present. This is your chance to pitch in front of the Austrian startup community, to network and to share your idea with peers.
5. The feedback. We will make sure there’s a great jury present that tells you upfront what they think about your startup, product or project. Benefit from their knowledge and experience! Joining this year’s jury are Florian Selch, Gregor-Robert Posch, Georg Kaindl and Claudia Kaefer from inventures.eu.